PT Recovery Assistant – SLC
Location: Salt Lake City
Have you been considering going into social work, women’s services or working for a nonprofit? This position is an excellent entry level opportunity to get more experience in these areas, a great second job, or the first step on your journey to making in difference in the helping professions. You will learn firsthand about women’s treatment, helping people grow in a therapeutic community, reunifying mothers and children, and most importantly—about your own strengths and weaknesses. In fact, you will learn more in a year working at House of Hope than a decade working anywhere else—guaranteed!
Status: Part Time
We want to add a few more human services specialists to our team who are:
- Highly motivated to learn and grow, mature and dependable
- Passionate about helping women (and their young children, ages 0-8) who are working to achieve a healthier life in recovery from substance use disorders
- Open to feedback, willing to try new things, and enjoy multi-tasking a variety on the job
- Able to model healthy human interaction, coach others on effective communication and able to stay calm in a crisis
- Compassionate but able to set firm limits and communicate in a calm, yet assertive manner
- Open to FEMALE applicants only due to the nature of licensing regulations and job duties.
- Must understand professional ethics and boundaries in the human service field.
- Staff trainings are required. Must be able to attend a mandatory staff meeting and training the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month from 2-4 pm, no exceptions.
- Good basic computer skills, writing ability and good phone skills.
- Above average problem-solving skills and conflict resolution abilities.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- This is a non-smoking worksite.
- Must have seasonal vaccinations, including influenza and COVID-19.
- Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
- If in recovery, must have at least two years of sobriety.
- Must have own personal reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Hours: Up to 28 hours/wk. (36 hours/wk. possible after training), may need to work some holidays, new staff are required to work various days and times at 4 different facilities for first 8 shifts for training purposes.
The following standard shifts are available:
Day Shift: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Sat & Sun only)
Swing Shift: 3:30 pm – 10:30 pm (M-F, and weekends available)
Nights: 10:30 pm – 8:30 am (M-F, Sat, Sun): Wage differential for night shifts
When applying, please indicate which days/shifts are your top choices and what days or hours you can never work in a typical week.
Wage: $200 sign-on bonus if hired before October 31 (paid after paid training shifts complete); $13/hour (grave shifts $14 per hour) with time and a half for designated holidays; staff over 30 hours per week offered health insurance paid 80% by HOH; 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, paid training, dental and vision benefits, employee recognition and other incentives are available.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families at seven facilities in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title you are applying for with all contact.