PT Recovery Assistant – Provo
Have you been considering going into social work, women’s services or working for a nonprofit? This position is an excellent entry level opportunity to get more experience in these areas, a great second job, or the first step on your journey to making in difference in the helping professions. You will learn firsthand about women’s treatment, helping people grow in a therapeutic community, reunifying mothers and children, and most importantly—about your own strengths and weaknesses. In fact, you will learn more in a year working at House of Hope than a decade working anywhere else–guaranteed!
Status: Part Time
We want to add a few more human services specialists to our team who are:
- Highly motivated to learn and grow, mature and dependable
- Passionate about helping women (and their young children, ages 0-8) who are working to achieve a healthier life in recovery from substance use disorders
- Open to feedback, willing to try new things, and enjoy multi-tasking a variety on the job
- Able to model healthy human interaction, coach others on effective communication and able to stay calm in a crisis
- Compassionate but able to set firm limits and communicate in a calm, yet assertive manner
- Open to FEMALE applicants only due to the nature of licensing regulations and job duties.
- Must understand professional ethics and boundaries in the human service field
- Must be able to attend a mandatory staff meeting and training the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month from 3-5 pm, no exceptions.
- Good basic computer skills, writing ability and good phone skills.
- Above average problem-solving skills, conflict resolution abilities and above all, a sense of humor!
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- This is a non-smoking worksite.
- Must have seasonal vaccinations, including influenza and COVID-19.
- Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
- If in recovery, must have at least two years of sobriety.
- Must have own personal reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
The following standard shifts are available:
Day Shift: 6:00am – 12:00pm*
Afternoon Shift: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Evening Shift: 6:00pm – 12:00am
Twilight Shift: 12:00am – 6:00 am
Hours: Up to 28 hrs./wk. (36 hours/wk. possible after training), 1 Sunday and 2 Saturdays a month required, may need to work some holidays.
Wage: $11/hour, 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, paid training, dental and vision benefits, employee recognition and other incentives are available
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families at seven facilities in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title you are applying for with all contact.