PT Children’s Development Specialist – Infant & Toddler Group Lead
Location: Salt Lake City
Working at the Hope Center for Children provides an opportunity to utilize your skills and experience to help young children (0-8) grow and develop in healthy ways! A positive adult relationship with infants and toddlers makes all the difference to their social, emotional, and even physical development. Our unique program focuses on helping children heal from abuse, neglect, and trauma by building trust, creating safe spaces, and strengthening resiliency skills. Children live in a House of Hope facility or in the community with a parent in recovery from substance use and mental health disorders and receive services at the Hope Center each day. This position is important to the continuum of care provided to each family as it includes modeling age-appropriate child development and positive behavioral interventions to help moms improve skills and confidence in parenting.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families at seven facilities in SLC and Provo. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position offers excellent experience in working with children and families for those interested in social work, psychology, child development and/or women in recovery. This position will be an especially good fit for those who:
- Can make a commitment for a minimum of a year (to avoid disrupting healthy attachment with children).
- Enjoy using creativity and collaboration to problem solve and implement ideas to improve services.
- Have an interest in working with high-risk families and providing direct care in an early childhood setting.
- Have experience working with infants and toddlers and/or with high-risk families.
- Have a skill set of creativity, patience, and energy to work with groups of young children.
- The ability to create and implement a daily group curriculum and adapt therapeutic activities with infants and toddlers of various ages, needs and abilities.
- The willingness to be flexible, try new things, be open to feedback and handle stress calmly.
- Assertive, respectful communication skills with children, parents, group assistants and other staff.
- The ability to work as a team to create a safe, nurturing, consistent environment for young children.
- A desire to grow personally and professionally in the social work, mental health, and child development field.
- Education and/or experience in social work, psychology, child development or similar field.
- Good basic computer and writing skills for documentation and record keeping.
- An understanding of professional ethics and boundaries in the human service field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, conflict resolution abilities and above all, a sense of humor!
- This is a non-smoking work site.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
- Must have own reliable transportation and good driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. climb stairs, sit on floor, push strollers and other physical maneuvers common to working with infants and toddlers.
- Willing to be compliant with TB, flu and Covid-19 testing and vaccination recommendations for congregate care.
Wage & Benefits
$15 per hour with degree or $14 without degree for lead in infants or toddlers DOE. Prefer experience in early childhood work setting and/or education in early childhood field, mental health or related degree/experience. Paid training, 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, employee recognition and other incentives are available. Federal student loan repayment eligibility through Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
36 hours per week between 8 am-4:30 pm, M-F. One evening per week from 5-7 pm on Tuesday or Wednesday may be required on rotation.
Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include job title you are applying for with all contact. Thank you!