PT Food Services Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
“Heading the Nutrition Program at the House of Hope has been one of my most rewarding work experiences. The gratitude expressed by House of Hope clients, predictable work hours, competitive pay, supportive management, and the ability to make a difference in the community make this position special. Join the House of Hope team and you will see the difference your work makes.” – Chef Dana R.
Are you someone who takes pride in creating healthy, well-balanced meals for others to enjoy? Do you genuinely care about others overall health and well-being? House of Hope is currently seeking a part-time Food Services Manager to plan and prepare meals, manage our food budget, and teach our clients about nutrition.
See if these primary duties match your interests and experience:
– Planning, preparing, and cooking nutritious snacks and lunches at our Treatment Center
– Ordering and distributing ingredients for the residents to assemble and cook for their evening and weekend meals
– Keeping pantry/storage inventory
– Maintaining food donations and submitting reports as needed
– Shopping for perishable items at local stores and buying bulk items
– Teaching clients nutrition, proper food handling and sanitation
– Supervising the Food Services Assistant
We are looking for someone who:
– Would like experience in the social work field or serving in a significant role in the community.
– Has a minimum 1-year experience in planning, preparing, and serving meals to more than 30 people
– Has a Food Handler’s Permit and Serve Safe credentials
– Is capable of following proper sanitation methods for food prep and storage
– Has a passion for creating well-balanced meals for women and their children
– Has a talent for organization, management, and order with basic computer skills
– Good time management, problem solving skills, and a team player
Wage: $16-18/hour, 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, paid training, employee recognition and other incentives are available.
Hours: Up to 36 hours/week, Monday-Friday
– Must be at least 21 years old.
– This is a non-smoking work site.
– Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
– If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
– Must have own reliable transportation and good driving record.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com. Please include the job title you are applying for with all contact. Thank you!