PT Food Services Assistant
Location: Salt Lake City
Are you someone who takes pride in creating healthy, well-balanced meals for others to enjoy? Do you genuinely care about others overall health and well-being? House of Hope is currently seeking a part-time Food Services Manager to plan and prepare meals, manage our food budget, and teach our clients about nutrition.
See if these primary duties match your interests and experience:
- Ordering and distributing ingredients for the residents to assemble and cook for their evening and weekend meals
- Keeping pantry/storage inventory
- General kitchen cleanliness, including breaking down boxes and taking out trash.
- Maintaining food donations and submitting reports as needed
- Shopping for perishable items at local stores and buying bulk items.
We are looking for someone who:
- Would like experience in the social work field or serving in a significant role in the community.
- Has a minimum 1-year experience in planning, preparing, and serving meals to more than 30 people.
- Has a Food Handler’s Permit and/or Serve Safe credentials.
- Can follow proper sanitation methods for food prep and storage.
- Has a talent for organization, management, and order with basic computer skills.
- Good time management, problem solving skills, and a team player.
- Willing to do tasks as needed.
PT Food Services Assistant:
Wage: $13-14/hour, 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, employee recognition and other incentives are available.
Hours: Up to 28 hours/week, Monday-Friday 10am-2pm
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- This is a non-smoking work site.
- Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
- If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com. Please include the job title you are applying for with all contact. Thank you!