PT Children’s Therapist – SLC
Location: Salt Lake City
We have a part time children’s therapist position open for a clinician in early childhood trauma and therapy for high-risk children, 0 through 8 years old! House of Hope, a nonprofit since 1946, is seeking a new therapist for its children’s services program, the Hope Center for Children (HCC), a program to help young children who have experienced trauma, abuse, neglect and the negative impacts of maternal substance use disorders. The HCC provides day treatment, individual and family therapy for 30 to 40 children (ages 0 through 8) at a time. Many of the children live in one of our four residential facilities. This is an ideal job for a clinician who enjoys working with a team to coordinate care for high-risk families in the non-profit sector and who has a passion for providing trauma-informed care for young children.
See if these primary duties match your interests and experience:
– Requires assessment, treatment planning, play therapy, filial therapy and trauma treatment for children, ages 0-8 years in residential treatment with their mothers;
– Handles oversight of documentation and service provision of children’s staff as well as some direct care with children and their mothers in individual or group interventions;
– Gain experience in collaborative care with multiple organizations and systems to promote the well-being of children with mothers in recovery;
– Work for an organization where everyone’s opinion and experience is valued on a dynamic team of diverse staff.
We are looking for someone who:
-Has a license in good standing in Utah as an LCSW, MFT, or LCMHC.
-Will consider CSW, ACMHC, or AMFT licenses with experience.
-Is able to communicate effectively and professionally in person and in writing.
-Is adept at utilizing standard computer programs and basic documentation processes.
– Has a basic knowledge of children’s mental health issues and early childhood development.
-Has experience in Filial therapy, attachment issues, early childhood development, mother-child groups, parenting education, childhood trauma and working with the children of substance abusing mothers preferred.
-Most importantly, has a passion for working on a collaborative team for children with mothers in recovery.
Salary Range: $20-26/hour, DOE, with 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, employee recognition and other incentives are available, additional weekly stipend for on-call work. (HOH pays same reliable hourly rate for all work with no pay reductions for documentation, no-shows, training or meetings.)
Hours: 24-28 hours/week, M-F, 9:00 am – 6:00pm, some flexibility
-Must be at least 21 years old.
-This is a non-smoking worksite.
-Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
-If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
-Must have own reliable transportation.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families in seven facilities in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume with brief cover letter and 3 employment references to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title you are applying for with your contact information. Thank you!