FT Medical Case Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
House of Hope is looking for a full-time Medical Case Manager to monitor client care and provide medical case management as part of a holistic, personalized treatment plan for women in recovery. If you are seeking predictable hours in a non-profit, team environment for an ethical organization seeking to help women and children in our community, this may be the opportunity for you!
– Coordinate care and resources with our clinical team and community medical clinics.
– Maintain accurate and organized medical records for each client.
– Audit processes, records and all documents related to client health care.
– Process, store, administer, document, and destroy prescriptions/medications.
– Practice current medical and infection control policies and procedures.
– Schedule medical appointments and coordinate transportation with client team.
– Complete medical assessments and follow-up for women and children.
– Track high-risk pregnancies and coordinate care with OBGYN.
– Teach individuals or groups on health especially as it relates to women in recovery.
– Manage referrals to multiple agencies and collaborate to maintain good relationships.
– Identify clients at risk for adverse outcomes; manage crisis incidents as needed.
– Coordinate discharge plans for medical services.
– Be on call as needed for medical questions and health care support.
– Be creative in promoting new ways to improve health and wellness for women, children, and staff.
We are looking for someone who:
– LPN or RN experience and education preferred. May consider other disciplines and experience in health care or medical related fields.
– At least two years of professional experience in a health care or clinically related area.
– Demonstrates team leadership, relationship building, critical analysis, and written and verbal communication skills.
– Competence in computer skills, data collection and documentation.
– Knowledge of funding resources and clinical standards and outcomes.
– An ability to provide care to populations served in a professional and strengths-based manner.
– Demonstrates independent judgment to assess and meet client needs.
– Ability to have meaningful outcome-oriented dialogues with clients, families, ancillary departments, health care and community agencies, and third-party payors.
– May be required to provide transportation for site visits. – Must be adept at building relationships with women in crisis and new in recovery as well as communicating effectively with many parties involved in each family’s health care.
Wage: $55-65K, DOE. Full benefits package including health insurance, dental, 2x salary life insurance, 30+ days off a year for holidays, vacation, sick; 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, employee recognition and other incentives are available.
Hours: Full-time: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. May require occasional evenings or weekends for emergencies.
– This is a non-smoking work site.
– Must be at least 21 years old.
– Must obtain a flu shot before hire and be willing to receive the Covid-19 vaccination when available.
– Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
– If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
– Must have own reliable transportation, current Utah driver’s license, maintain auto insurance and have a good driving record.
– Must have current flu vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine, once available.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization promoting recovery from substance use and mental health disorders for women who are working to rebuild their lives and strengthen their families at seven facilities in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title you are applying for with all contact.