FT Children’s Case Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
We are seeking a new employee with a passion for helping children and making a difference in the social work field! House of Hope, established in 1946 to strengthen families, is a great setting to receive comprehensive training in community resources, family reunification, and meeting the needs of high-risk families. Our non-profit organization is unique in that we specialize in working with young children (birth-age 8) in residential and outpatient treatment with the majority reunifying with his or her mother while she attends substance use disorders treatment and parenting counseling every day at House of Hope. This collaboration of services gives each child a better chance of building a stronger bond with a mother who is working toward recovery and self-sufficiency in the community.
See if these primary duties match your interests and experience:
- Self-motivated, quick learner who enjoys working with young children and their parents
- Able to run parenting groups, social skills groups and other treatment methods for adults and children.
- Organized, multi-tasker, prefers working in job with variety and many types of tasks
- Prefers working with others in a team to accomplish a goal but also has initiative to work alone at times
- Excellent direct communication and writing skills
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, current SSW or SUDC licensure or willing to work toward licensure
- Can work in stressful situations, problem solve and stay calm during crises
- Proficient at documentation and managing a caseload of families including evaluation, testing, treatment planning, parent consultation and accessing community resources
- Interested in learning more about non-profit organizations, treatment programs and children’s issues
- Understands computer basics, has good time management and a sense of humor
- Most importantly, has a passion for working on a collaborative team to help women and children in need
Salary Range: $15-18/hour, DOE and licensure, with full benefits including 32 vacation, sick, holiday days off annually, health, dental, life insurance. 401(k) dollar for dollar match up to 5% after one year with vesting schedule, employee recognition and other incentives are available.
Hours: 40 hours/week; MWF: 8:30am-5:00 pm, Tuesday/Thursdays: 11 am- 7:30 pm.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- This is a non-smoking worksite.
- Must be able to pass extensive background check and drug test.
- If in recovery, must have at least 2 years of sobriety.
- Must have seasonal vaccinations, including COVID-19.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record and be willing to transport clients in own car and agency vehicles.
House of Hope is a non-profit organization providing addiction recovery and behavioral health services to help women rebuild their lives and strengthen their families in seven facilities in SLC and Provo.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com. Please include job title you are applying for with all contact information.