House of Hope CDBG Paint Project Bid SpecsHOUSE OF HOPE
REPAIR & PAINT PROJECT
BID SPECS & REQUIREMENTS
- The bid will include five separate properties: 667 East South Temple, 21 I Street, 209 Douglas Street, 1006 East 100 South and 1063 east 200 South—all properties residing in Salt Lake City. Each property’s bid will include a section on wall, ceiling, doorframe and baseboard repair, as well as the two-tone paint work on wall, ceilings, doorframes, doors and baseboards. All recommended work should be up to current local Salt Lake County codes and factor the building’s aesthetics into consideration.
2. Bid should include the following:
- Removal and disposal of any doors, doorframes, and baseboards that are beyond repair
- Repair of any wall, ceiling, door and doorframe, and baseboard damage
- Permits & Costs as required
- Prep work and clean-up.
3. All work will be scheduled and completed through consultation with House of Hope’s Project Manager. A detailed work schedule, outlining necessary steps and precautions for completion will be provided by chosen bidder, with an understanding that there are residents living in each facility. With this in mind, work will be executed during weekday hours between 9AM-4PM. Said work schedule will be pre-approved by House of Hope’s Project Manager prior to the start of any work.
4. HoH will choose the lowest responsive and responsible bid based on reasonableness, thoroughness and detail in its descriptions. HoH will approach the work with the following;
- Clear communication regarding scope of work, timeline, priorities and expectations.
- Staying within the allowed budget.
5. Bidder will furnish the required insurance naming your company and House of Hope as insured.
- Your Insurance Company must provide documentation showing the Insurance Provider meets the requirements of the contract.
6. Bidder will furnish a Certificate of Workmen’s Compensation obtained from the Utah State Insurance Fund.
7. Bidder will provide a copy of their Contractor’s License to act as a contractor in the State of Utah.
8. Bidder will maintain status on Clearance of Federal Debarment list by Salt Lake County.
This project will be a FEDERALLY FINANCED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT. All rules and regulations governing such projects will be applicable. The contract is to be awarded to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder, whose bid meets the requirements and criteria set forth in the request for bids. Requirements for prevailing wage rates and certified payrolls apply as it is subject to the Davis-Bacon Act.
Also, work to be completed under this project is subject to the requirements of Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, the purpose of which is to ensure employment and other economic opportunities generated by HUD-assisted projects shall, to the greatest extent feasible, be directed to low- and very low-income persons, particularly persons who are recipients of HUD assistance for housing. All prime contractors participating in this project must have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and be registered on the federal System for Award Management (SAM) at sam.gov. They are also responsible for ensuring all subcontractors are registered on sam.gov and have not been debarred.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held to familiarize Bidders with the site and the existing condition of the property. In addition, a bid packet containing all work specs will be provided at that time. Bidders will meet on Wednesday, January 16th , 2020 at 9:30 a.m. at 667 East South Temple, Salt Lake City UT 84102. This is a mandatory pre-bid meeting. Bidders will be given an opportunity to tour the sites and submit questions concerning the Repair and Paint Project. Please carve adequate time out of your schedules (approximately 2 hours) to attend the full extent of the meeting. The tentative end time of said mandatory pre-bid meeting will be 11:30 am, but may be subject to necessary extensions. House of Hope encourages all participating contractors to bring measuring tools, cameras, and other relevant materials that will help to produce the most accurate bid.
House of Hope reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids or in the bidding process.
Bids will be mailed or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to:
House of Hope
Attn: Development Dept.
857 East 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Sealed bids that meet all work specs provided must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time on Friday, January 24th 2020 at 857 East 200 South, Salt Lake City, UT, 84102. House of Hope reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids or in the bidding process.
Click below to download the bid specs in PDF format: