HOUSE OF HOPE
REPAIR & PAINT PROJECT
BID SPECS & REQUIREMENTS
- The bid will include five separate properties: 677 East South Temple, 21 I Street, 209 Douglas Street, 1006 East 100 South and 1063 East 200 South—all properties residing in Salt Lake City. Each property is required to be a separate line item. Bid will include a section on wall, ceiling, and baseboard repair, as well as the two-tone paint work on wall, ceilings, doorframes, doors, baseboards and any and all labor. All participating bidders will submit signed and sealed bids with each of the following properties separated into individual line items.
- House of Hope (HoH) reserves the right to strike any of the five separate line-item properties from project scope to accommodate immovable budget restrictions. All recommended work should be up to current local Salt Lake County codes and factor the building’s aesthetics into consideration.
- Bid should include the following:
- An adherence to a two-tone standard ceiling and trim white (ceiling flat white and trim satin white) and walls an additional paint color. Bidder recognizes that HoH requires that at least two coats of paint or one coat of primer and one coat of paint be used per wall and ceiling. If more coats are needed due to existing paint color that the extra coats needed will be included in bid.
- Alternating paint colors on a room-to-room basis (see color pallet as attached form and in bid packet)
- Paint for all five project sites selected wall/ceiling/door/base board must all be sourced from Sherwin Williams or a comparable quality product as approved by Project Manager. It is also understood that a low emission paint be used, pre-approved by Project Manager prior to purchase.
- This project will include up to 12 satin finish paint colors for overall project and one white satin finish for trim and doors and one white flat finish for ceilings.
- Repair of any wall or ceiling damage
- Permits & Costs as required
- Prep work and clean-up.
- It is understood that House of Hope will have all wall hangings removed from walls. House of Hope will have all furniture moved away from walls with at least a three foot clearance.
- It is understood that some furniture will be moved to the center of the room and will be the responsibility of the bidder to protect it with protective covering but not the responsibility of bidder to move any furniture.
- All work will be scheduled and completed through consultation with House of Hope’s Project Manager. A detailed work schedule and logistics plan will be discussed by both parties and approved by House of Hope. Awarded bidder with an understanding that there are residents of a vulnerable population living in each facility. With this in mind, recommended scope of work for our residential facilities will be executed during within the parameters of the following weekday hours: Mondays: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM, Fridays 9:00 AM-3:30 PM. Said work schedule will be pre-approved by House of Hope’s Project Manager, prior to the start of any work.
- The residence located at 1063 East 200 South will have different work hours and have a separate set of paint colors up to eight choices TBD. The work hours will be as follows:
Monday and Friday 2:00 PM-10:00 PM, Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 PM-10:00 PM, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 AM-10:00 PM. Work schedule will be pre-approved by House of Hope’s Project Manager, prior to the start of any work, even within the designated time slots.
- House of Hope maintains the right to apply a $500/day penalty for every day that the project is not complete after June 19, 2020. A tentative start date will be Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- HoH will choose the lowest responsive bid based on reasonableness, thoroughness and detail in its descriptions. HoH will approach the work with the following;
- Clear communication regarding scope of work, timeline, priorities and expectations.
- Staying within the allowed budget.
- House of Hope reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids or bidding process.
- Bidder will furnish the required insurance naming your company and House of Hope as insured.
- Your Insurance Company must provide documentation showing the Insurance Provider meets the requirements of the contract.
- Furnish a Certificate of Workmen’s Compensation obtained from the Utah State Insurance Fund.
- Provide a copy of your Contractor’s License to act as a contractor in the State of Utah.
- Clearance of Federal Debarment list by Salt Lake County.
- This project will be a FEDERALLY FINANCED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT. THIS IS A PUBLIC BID. All rules and regulations governing such projects will be applicable. The contract is to be awarded to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder, whose bid meets the requirements and criteria set forth in the request for bids. Requirements for prevailing wage rates and certified payrolls apply as it is subject to the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Also, work to be completed under this project is subject to the requirements of Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, the purpose of which is to ensure employment and other economic opportunities generated by HUD-assisted projects shall, to the greatest extent feasible, be directed to low- and very low-income persons, particularly persons who are recipients of HUD assistance for housing.
- All contractors participating in this project must have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and be registered on the federal System for Award Management (SAM) at sam.gov.
- A required pre-bid meeting will be held to familiarize Bidders with the site and the existing condition of the property. In addition, a bid packet containing all work specs and details will be provided at that time. Bidders will meet on Tuesday, March 03, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. at House of Hope’s South Temple location 667 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT. This is a mandatory pre-bid meeting. Bidders will be given an opportunity to tour the sites and submit questions concerning the Repair and Paint Project. Please plan on at least one hour.
- Sealed bids that meet all work specs provided must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 857 East 200 South, Salt Lake City, UT, 84102. Please note: House of Hope reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids or in the bidding process.
- Bids will be mailed or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to;
House of Hope
Attn: Development Dept.
857 East 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102